America has got the best national parks for adventure lovers to make their holiday worth a memory. Whether it is whitewater rafting, rock climbing, or playing with grizzly bears, everything can be done in the national parks. There is no limitation to go crazy and explore outrageous things. If you are missing something exciting in your life, visit a national park and embrace the beautiful things in the world. Be close to the natural environment and habitats to make your life happening.
Let’s have a brief look at the best national parks in the US:
- Grand Canyon National Park: Coming in the list of the Seven Wonders of the World, this park has been one of the most beautiful and amazing places to visit for sightseeing. The beauty of the park lies with the perennial Colorado River. It is known to be the second most visited park in the United States with people from all over the world paying their visit every year. Whitewater river rafting and hiking are the two things that drive adventure seekers to this park. From the tuweep overlook, one gets to see the clear and mesmerizing view of the Colorado River, which is 3000 feet below and the north rim is known to be the best visited place, especially when the snow falls.
- Yellowstone National Park: From its geysers, elks, grizzly bears, hot springs and mud pots, this park is the one that is never to be missed while visiting America. This is the second most famous and beautiful park among many US national parks. It was the first park that came into existence in 1872 and is about the size of Rhode Island, and Delaware combined with vast wilderness. The best time to visit it is summer and spring as many of the roads are closed during autumn and winters.
- Yosemite National Park: Those who are fond of rock climbing, hiking, riding bikes and other adventurous activities; this is the park for them. This park is known for its wildlife and scenic beauty, which are iconic and the Sierra Nevada Mountains, of course, one of the cliffs beautifully made with granite in the park. People visiting this park come across the 5000 foot half dome, which is best suited for the hikers. it is suitable for the beginners as well as the experienced ones. This US Park got its designation as the national park in 1890. The best time to pay a visit is May when the snow melts and the waterfalls are stunning.
- Rocky Mountain National Park: Colorado’s Rockies offer 72 named peaks higher than 12,000 feet, no wonder they call it the “Roof of the World.” In fact, nowhere else in the United States one can access such gorgeous alpine scenery. Wildlife watching can help you spot moose, bighorn sheep, and elk, but one probably won’t see a black bear, mountain lion, or bobcat though they inhabit the area. Enjoy a drive along 48-mile Trail Ridge Road, a twisty, winding, vertiginous route across the Continental Divide. Many of the parks become impassable during winters, so the best time to visit the park is around May and of course during the springs.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park: Located in the border area of North Carolina and Tennessee, this park is full of mountains, waterfalls, rivers and streams. It has more than 800 miles of hiking tracks that end up taking a person to the Appalachian Mountain peaks out of which 16 are higher than 6000 feet. For those who are not willing to go for hiking, and wildlife watching, driving is the best option to encounter the scenic beauty of the park. The park can be visited throughout the year, but for the people who are fond of watching the wild flowers blossoming, then the right time is around May and spring season.
- Glacier: It is one of the many national parks in the US where a person can find glaciers, peaks and lakes altogether. This park has 762 turquoise alpine lakes and the world famous white-knuckle going to the sun road, the only road that provides 52 miles of peak and valley view. The park is full of glaciers out of which 25 are active ones, and the views are just amazing. People from all over the world visit this park to encounter the scenic beauty and not to forget the grizzly bears and mountain goats.
- Zion National Park: This is the most popular park in the state of Utah. Orangey-red rock walls, slick rock peaks, slot canyons and hanging valleys towering over more than 2,000 feet above the centrepiece Zion Canyon are the things that capture attention of visitors. This place has to be seen from the bottom to the up. There are different trails winding up from the valley to reach to the top, and it is not easy to do. For the less adventurous, there are plenty of other choices, including the short trek to a trio of Emerald Pools, and Weeping Rock, with water seeping from the cliff like tears.
The world is full of scenic beauty, and the best national parks in the US are a must to be visited at least once in a lifetime. US national parks have got the recognition from all over the world and people, especially come to the country only to see the wildlife and nature that exists in the US park. So, for the adventurous people out there, come out of your den and peep into the real beauty of the world.
[Also Read : Offbeat American Experiences]