Send Visa documents & Make payment
USA Visa FAQ's
GENERAL QUESTION AND ANSWERS
Depending on the purpose of your visit, you’ll be asked to submit the following documents in support of your application for a US Visa.
- What are the steps to follow for a U.S. visa?
You have to book an appointment for an interview with the US Embassy in Abu Dhabi or the Consulate General in Dubai. If you are seeking a tourist visa, you have to satisfy the consular officer that you are on a temporary visit and doesn't wish to stay long. The consular officer may also demand a proof of your residence outside the US.
- Do I have to fill all the fields on the DS-160 form?
Our expert Visa representative will fill complete DS-160 form for your based upon your provided information.
- Do children and senior citizens have to appear for an interview ?
No, children who are less than 14 years in age and adults who are over 80 years are not required to appear for an interview. However, they need to submit their applications for U.S. visas through Empost courier. After complete verification, they will receive their visas at the nearest Empost courier location.
- Is it possible to get a multiple-entry tourist visa to the United States?
Yes! As per the recent amendments to U.S. Immigration Laws, it is possible to get a multi-entry tourist visa. With this visa, you can come and go from the United States for countless times without need to reapply every time you visit the U.S. The validity of the multiple-entry visa may last up to 10 years, which means you only have to apply for another visa once in a decade. However, your passport must be current during this time.
- What steps are needed to take after landing at the U.S. airport?
Before landing, you will be required to fill out an arrival/departure form. After deplaning, the U.S. official will check your papers, and hold a short interview with you. As usual, the U.S. Customs Officials will check your luggage.
- Can I extend my tourist visa if need be?
Yes! You can extend your tourist visa. However, you need to do so 45 days in advance before the expiry of your visa. You should file your request to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services by filling out I-539 form. However, you must fit the criteria to avail a visa extension, such as non-involvement in any type of crime during your stay, non-violation of your admission conditions, and validity of your passport.
- What can I do in the USA with the B-1 Visa?
B-1 visa holders can take up the following activities in the USA:
- Business meetings and professional conventions and conferences
- Take on independent research
- Take part in court trails as witness
This also applies to those who are travelling to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program.
- Is it possible for me to setup an office in the USA on a B1 visa?
People who have B1 visa can check out potential property or sites and even sign a lease office for your business. However, you can conduct or manage your business with this visa. If you are planning to stay in the country to conduct your business, you would have to apply for the required visa. This rules applies to those who have travelled without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program.
- What can I do in the USA with the B-2 Visitor Visa?
B2 visa is meant for person travelling to the USA for a holiday. Here are the activities that you can indulge in the USA with B2 visa:
- Undergoing medical treatment
- Participating in conferences, conventions and conferences of social organizations
- Visiting family and friends
- How long can I stay in the USA with a B1 or B2 visa?
The validity of your US visa does not determine the length of your stay in the country. The Customs and Border Protection Officer is the one who would decide the duration of your stay. For instance, your visa may have a validity for 10 years, but the officials would decide the number of months you would get to stay during each visit.
- I have an indefinite B1 or B2 Visa. Is it still valid?
The US Department of State had released a statement in the year 1995 that all indefinitely visas would expire 10 years from the date of issue. If your visa was issued 10 years before, you would have to apply for a new one to enter the country again.
- My valid visa is in my old passport, and I have a renewed one right now. Is it possible to transfer the visa into the new passport?
It is not possible to transfer a valid US visa from an old passport to a new one. You need to carry both your passports while travelling in this case. If you want to have a visa on your new passport, you would have to go through the entire visa application process again.
- Is it necessary to have a return ticket while travelling with B1 or B2 visa?
Although having a return ticket is not mandatory, you would have to carry valid evidence that you would return to your home country at the end of your stay. You would also have to produce documents that state that you have enough funds to support your stay in the USA.
- How many times can I visit the USA with a B2 visa?
There are no limits to the number of times you want to visit the US with a B2 visa. However, if your stay is prolonged, you may be looked as a person intending to immigrate to the USA. In this case, you need to produce solid evidence (residence in your home country) to convince the officials that you intend to return after your visit. If you are not able to convince the immigration officials, there are chances for your visa to get rejected.